I eat bread more often than I should, and banana bread reigns supreme in my book. I’ve always loved bananas, so spongy sweet loaves filled with cinnamon, chocolate, and the star fruit is my baked dream. My dad and I made the most delicious chocolate banana bread over the weekend and three days later, only one slice is left so that tells you how beloved this recipe is. I customized my own King Arthur Flour recipe after discovering its recipe of the year award and shit, this bread is amazing. Here’s my personalized ingredient and instruction list:
- Four brown bananas
- 2 applesauce to-go cups
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat convection oven to 350°F and prepare loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together all of the above ingredients (mash bananas first) except for chocolate chips until smooth and combined.
- Add chocolate chips or any other mix ins to the batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a toothpick through the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let bread sit for 15 minutes and top with ice cream, chocolate sauce, or chopped nuts (just kidding please don’t add nuts that would be disgusting)!