I missed yet another month without sharing a recipe as my last Noelle Eats post was about the crispy roasted brussels sprouts with prosciutto, pistachios, and cranberries I made for our family November meal! Since my eating habits have changed over the past 7 ish months, I’m eating far fewer processed foods and anything high in fat, sodium, and/or sugar. I still want to eat meals and snacks that taste delicious though (which usually contain those three categories!), so making foods like the brussels sprouts, my favorite Mediterranean tuna salad, and these 15 minute four ingredient cookies have saved my taste buds! I’m a dessert aficionado (Brandon and I loved getting ice cream after every dinner out) and with a minor tweak, these four ingredient cookies are a perfect healthy replacement for sugary sweet and soft oatmeal raisin cookies! I found the recipe I based the four ingredient cookies off of on the Honour System’s blog and I just adjusted the measurements and ingredients to suit my own preferences. I think the cookies are perfect for an after meal treat or as a warmed up breakfast with just a drizzle of maple syrup or a slather of homemade jam on top! The tiny change I would make to the recipe after baking the four ingredient cookies once is adding a hint of sweetener like maple syrup, honey, or stevia or maybe mashing the dates into the mixture instead because the cookies leaned more toward the savory/salty side.
Ingredients (makes approximately 24 one inch cookies):
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon on top or mixed into the batter if preferred
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Pit and chop Medjool dates into bite size pieces.
- Mash bananas into an applesauce texture in a bowl.
- Pour in oats, dates, and peanut butter and combine with bananas.
- Roll mixture into circles and flatten slightly between palms before placing cookies on parchment-lined baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly underbaked and crispy on the outside while soft inside.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie and enjoy!