I haven’t shared a new recipe in basically one month (here’s my last one for my favorite Mediterranean tuna salad of all time!), but I made these crispy roasted brussels sprouts with a balsamic glaze, baked prosciutto, dried cranberries, and chopped pistachios for last month’s “November Meal” aka what I refer to instead of the usual Th*nksgiving. I made my beloved no bake chocolate peanut butter bars for dessert (original recipe here) because my family loves them, but I also wanted to make a healthy-ish side dish or appetizer to cut the butter and creams in mashed potatoes, candied yams, and moats of gravy. I came up with these crispy roasted brussels sprouts with a few extra festivities tossed on top of the green pile. The dish came together in about an hour with baking time included and each feature was delicious! Here’s how I made the most incredible and festive crispy roasted brussels sprouts:
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (can be less or more to taste) balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz prosciutto
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven or convection oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off brussels sprout stems and slice sprouts in half or quarters depending on their size.
- Place sprout pieces on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top before sprinkling salt and pepper to taste. Evenly massage liquids and seasonings into the sprouts and assemble in a flat layer on the tray.
- Bake sprouts for 45 minutes or until slightly charred and tender. Sprouts can also finish cooking in a pan if necessary (we did this and the sprouts were delicious!).
- While sprouts are roasting, on another baking tray, place strips of prosciutto in a flat layer and cook until crispy and pink.
- Crush prosciutto into small pieces and set aside.
- Chop pistachios into chunks and set aside.
- When brussels sprouts are finished roasting, pour into a bowl with half of the prosciutto, pistachios, and cranberries layered throughout. Top sprouts with other half of the toppings mixture and serve hot.