I’ve been sporadically purchasing meal kits from Hello Fresh for the past two years, but have neglected to share more of my meals that I’ve made (besides my first ever experience cooking from the brand) I love Hello Fresh more than any other meal kit delivery service because of their affordable plans, coupon codes, and overall quality of food (comparison with Freshly here). When I’m stuck in a “what the hell do I make this week” cooking rut, I tend to opt for Hello Fresh over purchasing random ingredients I may forget about or eventually waste. This dinner is one of my favorites I’ve ever cooked– Pesto panko chicken with roasted potatoes! I don’t usually like panko, but pesto panko chicken is the dreamiest and most delicious combination, especially when paired with crispy salty potatoes and a fresh salad! If your mouth is watering like mine now, why not read more about how to make it?
Ingredients (for two servings):
- Two large chicken breasts
- One cup panko
- Four tablespoons of pesto (I like a lot)
- One cup shredded cheese
- Three cups potatoes
- Three cups spring mix (serve with lemon juice or dressing of choice)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning to taste
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes before cutting into one-inch cubes.
- Place potato bits onto baking tray and slather with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings before popping in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix panko, shredded cheese, one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Cover each top of chicken breast with half amount of pesto before packing crunchy cheese mixture on top.
- Place chickens in oven to bake as well for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and panko/cheese are golden brown.
- Once potatoes and chicken are thoroughly roasted, plate with a side salad.