I’m always on the hunt for a good pressed powder because I usually use up one per 2-3 months! While MAC’s Studio Fix is on my list, I can’t seem to hand over $30 that easily on something that I’ll go through quickly. Because of that fact, I’m trying to stick to drugstore powders and see if there are any that I really like! I know that many a beauty blogger have raved about the (now cult favorite) Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder but to be honest, I really didn’t like it. Is it bad that I’ve gone through 4 of the Stay Matte without liking it? Anywho, I’m just going to get into the review of the new Covergirl Oil-Control powder I’ve been using!
On the powder packaging, it claims:
- To have shine control
- Be 100% fragrance and oil free
- Won’t clog pores
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologically tested
It also states that ‘For a clean, fresh, natural look. Effective oil-absorbers help skin look fresh and shine free. Wear alone or over COVERGIRL Clean oil control foundation to keep you looking fresh.’
Well that certainly makes the powder sound like a miracle worker to unfortunate oily-skinned souls like me! Let’s start off with the pro’s:
- I really love the packaging! It’s incredibly compact and I appreciate the fact that it has a mirror.
- The powder is soft and easy to blend.
- It feels weightless on the skin.
Now for the cons:
- It isn’t as good as it sounds. Although it just might be on my oily skin, it doesn’t last as long as I hoped it would. Around the 3-4 hour mark, I can already feel the oil creeping up on my nose and chin. By the 6-7 hour mark, I am oily on my T-zone.
- I bought the wrong shade!!
Overall, I like this powder, but I’m not sure about repurchasing it. I like the feeling of it on my skin, but it’s not the best at oil-control (which it should be, since it’s an oil-control powder).
Have any of you tried this powder or the Covergirl Clean line? What were your thoughts on it?