Although I’m a beauty blogger and makeup addict, one missing part of my regime is a skincare routine that suits all of my needs. While searching for bits and products to add to my skincare collection, I found myself scrolling page by page through Caroline Hiron’s blog. Caroline is the skincare guru and blogger of the beauty industry. With over 16 years of experience in the industry, she is definitely someone to listen to when it comes to the cleaning and treatments of the skin. Because of my new obsession with cleansers, toners, and masks, I thought that I would research through more of Caroline’s blog and share her top tips and tricks with you all! I’ve learned so much through her skincare ideas and I hope that you learn something too!
Starting at the beginning…
- Time is the most important part of a skincare regime; you can’t expect a product to work overnight!
- Cleansing the skin must be done every day and night with no excuse.
- Keep a good eye on your diet and only put clean, organic foods into your body.
- Smoking, alcohol, and sugar do nothing but damage to your clean skin.
- Sunshine is good for your skin (vitamin D), but too much can wreck havoc on the skin. Apply SPF every day religiously.
- Nothing beats luxurious, quality skincare products. Toss out that $4 cleanser and start investing in your skin.
- Taking multivitamins and eating lots of fish (especially salmon) adds nutritious oils and minerals into your body.
- Sleeping is an absolute must to ensure that your skin will be rested and rejuvenated.
- Water, water, water!!!
Caroline’s top products…
- Aesop Fabulous Face Oil
- Anne Semonin Mineral Mask
- Alpha H Liquid Gold
- Alpha H Daily Essential Moisturizer
- MV Organic Skincare Rose Hydrating Mist
- REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
- Emma Hardie Amazing Face Cleansing Balm
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir
- Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask
- Hampton Sun Hydrating Aloe Continuous Mist Aftersun
What are some of your top skincare tips?