Last night I decided to cook dinner for my parents and also make a huge batch of Christmas cookies before falling asleep at 4 am! I know, I was overachieving. I found this recipe for cake batter cookies, which took only 20 minutes including prep and baking time, and they were A M A Z I N G. I’m always excited about any recipe that’s easy, but throw in a speedy baking time and I’m all in. For future batches, I will include an additional ~1/4 cup of chocolate chips and make them the mini ones! These large chocolate chips don’t spread out as well as I’d like. I will also mix the sprinkles into the actual dough instead of sprinkling them on right before baking.
Ingredients (makes approximately 16 cookies):
- One box Betty Crocker white cake mix
- Two egg whites
- Two tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- One cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup red and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set for nine minutes baking time.
- Thoroughly mix cake mix, egg whites, flour, oil, chocolate chips, and sprinkles in a large bowl.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Smash dough down until slightly flat and top with extra sprinkles.
- Bake for approximately nine minutes or until cookies are almost finished (try not to overbake! They don’t taste as good when they’re crispy).
- Allow to cool and add extra chocolate chips and sprinkles if desired.
- Enjoy with milk or ice cream!