I haven’t shared a new recipe in a few weeks, so I wanted to write about one of my favorite quick meals ever (here you go, Stephanie!): simple and delicious southwestern stuffed peppers. The peppers can be red or green so that makes this a Christmas recipe right? I make the filling for these peppers in large batches and either eat it with peppers or mixed with romaine, cheese, corn salsa, tortilla strips, and salsa for an easy taco salad! The whole recipe takes about 30 minutes total and you’ll have the most tasty dinner option, which is also perfect for meal prepping.
- Four bell peppers
- One pound ground beef or turkey
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- One cup quinoa
- One and a half cups chicken stock
- Half onion
- Three cloves of garlic
- One packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese of choice
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil and add quinoa to the pot once the liquid is ready. Reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Prep the onion and garlic by chopping into small cubes and crushing into tiny pieces. Slice peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Cook onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Add ground beef or turkey to mix and drain oil once finished cooking.
- Drizzle olive oil over bell peppers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish and roast for 7 minutes.
- Season meat with taco packet.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, add to meat mixture.
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the meat and quinoa.
- Stuff peppers to the brim with as much filling as possible and sprinkle with cheese. Roast for approximately 10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy on its own or with a side salad and tortilla chips!